Обсуждение: pg web hosting with tsearch2?

pg web hosting with tsearch2?

От
"Rick Schumeyer"

I hope pg-general is the correct forum for this question…if not please let me know the correct location.

I have a pg application that uses tsearch2.  I would like to move this application off my local machine and onto a web host somewhere.  I have some questions regarding this:

1)       What is the preferred postgresql text searching tool these days?  Is it still tsearch2?

2)       Can someone suggest a web host service that includes tsearch2 (or an equivalent text searching component)?

3)        All the web hosts I am aware of are still offering only pg 7.4.  Does anybody offer pg 8.x ?

Re: pg web hosting with tsearch2?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Rick Schumeyer wrote:
> I hope pg-general is the correct forum for this question.if not please let
> me know the correct location.
>

> I have a pg application that uses tsearch2.  I would like to move this
> application off my local machine and onto a web host somewhere.  I have some
> questions regarding this:
>

> 1)       What is the preferred postgresql text searching tool these days?
> Is it still tsearch2?

Yes and pg_trgm (similar but different)

www.commandprompt.com

> 3)        All the web hosts I am aware of are still offering only pg 7.4.
> Does anybody offer pg 8.x ?

8.0.x and 8.1.x only.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: pg web hosting with tsearch2?

От
"Rick Schumeyer"
Дата:
I guess I should have mentioned this initially...I also need a web host that
offers that other database (my***).  We are using the Joomla content
management system which only works with my***.  Although, I'm not as picky
about which version of my*** is offered.

I'm examining that commandprompt...my initial guess is they do not support
my*** ?

> I hope pg-general is the correct forum for this question.if not please let
> me know the correct location.
>

> I have a pg application that uses tsearch2.  I would like to move this
> application off my local machine and onto a web host somewhere.  I have
some
> questions regarding this:
>

> 1)       What is the preferred postgresql text searching tool these days?
> Is it still tsearch2?

Yes and pg_trgm (similar but different)

> 2)       Can someone suggest a web host service that includes tsearch2 (or
> an equivalent text searching component)?

www.commandprompt.com

> 3)        All the web hosts I am aware of are still offering only pg 7.4.
> Does anybody offer pg 8.x ?

8.0.x and 8.1.x only.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: pg web hosting with tsearch2?

От
Jean-Christophe Roux
Дата:
I don't know if A2webhosting.com specifically supports tsearch2, but they say they offer 8.1 with procedural language installed.
JCR

> I hope pg-general is the correct forum for this question.if not please let
> me know the correct location.
>

> I have a pg application that uses tsearch2.  I would like to move this
> application off my local machine and onto a web host somewhere.  I have some
> questions regarding this:
>

> 1)       What is the preferred postgresql text searching tool these days?
> Is it still tsearch2?

Yes and pg_trgm (similar but different)

> 2)       Can someone suggest a web host service that includes tsearch2 (or
> an equivalent text searching component)?

www.commandprompt.com

> 3)        All the web hosts I am aware of are still offering only pg 7.4.
> Does anybody offer pg 8.x ?

8.0.x and 8.1.x only.

Joshua D. Drake

   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
             http://www.commandprompt.com/

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: pg web hosting with tsearch2?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Rick Schumeyer wrote:
> I guess I should have mentioned this initially...I also need a web host that
> offers that other database (my***).  We are using the Joomla content

Well that pretty much blows us out of the water :).

> I'm examining that commandprompt...my initial guess is they do not support
> my*** ?

No guessing about it from the site:

MySQL Databases

    * We support MySQL for migration purposes only. If you need MySQL
support, please contact us to discuss your migration plans. Also, MySQL
is only available with dedicated hosting services.

So if you have a migration plan, we are 100% happy to help you :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Command Prompt, Inc.

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: pg web hosting with tsearch2?

От
Michelle Konzack
Дата:
Am 2006-09-29 13:45:34, schrieb Rick Schumeyer:

> 3)        All the web hosts I am aware of are still offering only pg 7.4.
> Does anybody offer pg 8.x ?

I am thinking about a root-Server for 39 Euro/Month
on which I can install what I want

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

Re: pg web hosting with tsearch2?

От
Robby Russell
Дата:

http://www.planetargon.com/

> 3)        All the web hosts I am aware of are still offering only
> pg 7.4.  Does anybody offer pg 8.x ?

http://www.planetargon.com/postgresql_hosting.html

-Robby

Re: pg web hosting with tsearch2?

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
a2hosting.com offers tsearch2 and recent versions for PostgreSQL
hosting.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL