Обсуждение: old Pg interface

old Pg interface

От
"Brandon Metcalf"
Дата:
I'm currently using version 1.9.0 of the old Pg interface with
PostgreSQL 8.0.3.  Our code needs to be updated to use DBI/DBD::Pg,
but we need to upgrade PostgreSQL before this is going to happen.
Does anyone know of any issues with continuing to use the old Pg
interface with newer versions of PostgreSQL?

Thanks.

--
Brandon

Re: old Pg interface

От
Vivek Khera
Дата:
On Oct 16, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Brandon Metcalf wrote:

> Does anyone know of any issues with continuing to use the old Pg
> interface with newer versions of PostgreSQL?

it is just a rather thin glue layer on top of the libpq interface, so
it should continue to work just as any libpq app would continue to work.

Вложения

Re: old Pg interface

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 12:15:36PM -0500, Brandon Metcalf wrote:
> I'm currently using version 1.9.0 of the old Pg interface with
> PostgreSQL 8.0.3.  Our code needs to be updated to use DBI/DBD::Pg,
> but we need to upgrade PostgreSQL before this is going to happen.
> Does anyone know of any issues with continuing to use the old Pg
> interface with newer versions of PostgreSQL?

I have a lot of code that still uses the old Pg interface. It works
fine against newer versions. There's no requirement to change.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения

Re: old Pg interface

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
I added some compatibility functions and it worked with new PostgreSQL.
Let me know if you need it
Oleg
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Brandon Metcalf wrote:

> I'm currently using version 1.9.0 of the old Pg interface with
> PostgreSQL 8.0.3.  Our code needs to be updated to use DBI/DBD::Pg,
> but we need to upgrade PostgreSQL before this is going to happen.
> Does anyone know of any issues with continuing to use the old Pg
> interface with newer versions of PostgreSQL?
>
> Thanks.

      Regards,
          Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: old Pg interface

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> I added some compatibility functions and it worked with new PostgreSQL.

Sorry, I got confused :) I added them to wdb interface