Обсуждение: trigger postgresql 7.4

trigger postgresql 7.4

От
Daniel.Chmielewski@gmail.com
Дата:
Hi,
I have a question connected with postgres procedural langauge. Version
of Postgres:

 "PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc"

I have a table on which I have created many triggers on the same event
BEFORE UPDATE.

I have 3 these triggers. In each of this trigger I have a statement
RETURN NEW or ''RAISE EXCEPTION".

My question is:
1. In which order (first, second, third) each trigger is executed?
I think that triggers are executed in order by  oid or by name. Tell me
please.

2. Is it possible that next trigger on the same event is not executed
when the previous one has returned  "RETURN NEW"?

3. The last question is, is there any debbuger to debugg triggers in
plpgsql? This could be very usefull.

Please help,
Daniel

Re: trigger postgresql 7.4

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Thu, dem 19.10.2006, um  2:49:23 -0700 mailte Daniel.Chmielewski@gmail.com folgendes:
> Hi,
> I have a question connected with postgres procedural langauge. Version
> of Postgres:
>
>  "PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc"

Outdated.

> I have a table on which I have created many triggers on the same event
> BEFORE UPDATE.
>
> I have 3 these triggers. In each of this trigger I have a statement
> RETURN NEW or ''RAISE EXCEPTION".
>
> My question is:
> 1. In which order (first, second, third) each trigger is executed?
> I think that triggers are executed in order by  oid or by name. Tell me
> please.

By name, alphabetically.

> 2. Is it possible that next trigger on the same event is not executed
> when the previous one has returned  "RETURN NEW"?

IIRC no.

> 3. The last question is, is there any debbuger to debugg triggers in
> plpgsql? This could be very usefull.

You can throw RAISE NOTICE...

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47215,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)

Re: trigger postgresql 7.4

От
"Gurjeet Singh"
Дата:
On 19 Oct 2006 02:49:23 -0700, Daniel.Chmielewski@gmail.com
< Daniel.Chmielewski@gmail.com> wrote:
3. The last question is, is there any debbuger to debugg triggers in
plpgsql? This could be very usefull.

You can try EnterpriseDB, to test/debug your triggers, and then port it back to your 7.xx version (assuming you do not have an option of moving forward to 8.x).

Refrence:
http://www.developers.net/enterprisedbshowcase/view/1347

--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com