Обсуждение: UK Hosting Providers

UK Hosting Providers

От
richard.day@profound-it.co.uk
Дата:
Sorry to intrude on the community just to ask a dumb question, but I
don't know postgres and I know how helpful and friendly newgroups are
to ignorant newbies ;)

I have a client who has had some software developed that requires a
website element and the site uses postgres for the back end database
(of course, its the best after all!)

Now they need someone to host the site, preferably UK based and not
costing the earth supporting PHP and of course postgres.

Any suggestions?

Re: UK Hosting Providers

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Oct 26, 2006, at 7:46 AM, richard.day@profound-it.co.uk wrote:

> Now they need someone to host the site, preferably UK based and not
> costing the earth supporting PHP and of course postgres.

You might find some here:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: UK Hosting Providers

От
Edward Macnaghten
Дата:
richard.day@profound-it.co.uk wrote:

>I have a client who has had some software developed that requires a
>website element and the site uses postgres for the back end database
>(of course, its the best after all!)

You might like to look at Bytemark (http://www.bytemark.co.uk), or one
of the other virtual machine hosting services.

Their machines are quite cheap, and you have root access to the
(virtual) machine, therefore you can install PostgreSQL (and/or anything
else) yourself.

Eddy