Обсуждение: Restoring database from files on disk

Restoring database from files on disk

От
veejar
Дата:
Hello!

I had problems with my HDD and i have lost many files. From my pgsql
database files I have only "base"-folder. In this folder one is
important database:
base/45325101

I reinstall my postgresql-server.
I have created new database with same name and have copied all files
from my old folder to new folder. I have successful connect to this
database, but when I try to browse my tables, I see error message:

ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 18651428
DETAIL:  could not open file "/var/db/pgsql/pg_clog/0011": No such
file or directory

How to correct this one database?

Re: Restoring database from files on disk

От
Richard Huxton
veejar wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I had problems with my HDD and i have lost many files. From my pgsql
> database files I have only "base"-folder. In this folder one is
> important database:
> base/45325101

> How to correct this one database?

You can't. You need all the files in data/ - recover the whole cluster
and then dump the one you're interested in.

It that's impossible, there are some tools that can dump on-disk
structures, but they're not designed for recovering a database and
you're unlikely to get all your data back that way anyway.

Use your last backup - it'll save you time.
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

veejar wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't have any other information: dumps, other folders
> from pgsql root directory.
> What tools?

Start here:
   http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/

And you'll want to read and understand the Internals/Physical Storage
chapters of the manuals.

 From past experience recovering data in a variety of circumstances, I'd
recommend getting what you can easily then writing the rest off as lost.
Chances are you may never get everything in a consistent state,
particularly as you've had disk problems which caused this in the first
place.

PS - Don't forget to cc: the mailing list when you reply. There are
plenty of people who know more than me around.

PPS - Make sure you have a backup of all the remaining files before you
begin.

PPPS - Don't forget to put a proper backup strategy in place once you've
recovered what you can.

Good Luck!

--
   Richard Huxton