Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] getting index columns from information_schema?

Re: [HACKERS] getting index columns from information_schema?

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 07:18 -0800, Timasmith wrote:
> I cant seem to find the right query to retreive the discrete columns,
> column position, for a specified index.
>
> This is towards the purpose of identifying the schema differences
> between two databases and creating the changes needed.

Note: this question is appropriate on pgsql-general, not on pgsql-
hackers.

The columns of an index can be found in pg_attribute with an indexrelid
equal to the oid of the index's entry in pg_class.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis