Обсуждение: admin82.sql

admin82.sql

От
Walter Vaughan
Дата:
I just removed 8.1.5 and installed 8.2.0 on a freeBSD server. I cannot seem to
find where it placed admin82.sql, if in fact such a beast should have been
created with the initdb step.

Any ideas?

Google has zero indexed documents with admin82.sql in it's engine, and of course
all the instumentation documentation says run admin81.sql for 8.1.X psql... :(

--
Walter

Re: admin82.sql

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Walter Vaughan wrote:
> I just removed 8.1.5 and installed 8.2.0 on a freeBSD server. I cannot seem
> to find where it placed admin82.sql, if in fact such a beast should have
> been created with the initdb step.

I believe said admin81.sql corresponds to functions that were included
into 8.2, and that the rest of the stuff is in a contrib module aptly
named "adminpack".

Re: admin82.sql FreeBSD specific

От
Walter Vaughan
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Walter Vaughan wrote:
>>I just removed 8.1.5 and installed 8.2.0 on a freeBSD server. I cannot seem
>>to find where it placed admin82.sql, if in fact such a beast should have
>>been created with the initdb step.
> I believe said admin81.sql corresponds to functions that were included
> into 8.2, and that the rest of the stuff is in a contrib module aptly
> named "adminpack".

Okay for those behind me, the next step after installing 8.2 is
# cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-contrib && make install clean

...which puts the README's in /usr/local/share/doc/postgresql/contrib
...and the stuff in /usr/local/share/postgresql/contrib

which in the case of freebsd is the location of both adminpack.sql and
uninstall_adminpack.sql.

The README.adminpack has slightly misleading info (at least for me)
$ psql -U pgsql postgres < adminpack.sql
may be more correct for you instead of "-U postgres" which is not the user
created by the ports collection.

However now instead of a connecting instantly, it takes almost a minute to have
a connect using pgAdmin 1.6.1 on my windows box to the freeBSD server when
connecting. :(
But I don't get the nag screen about missing functionality. :)

Argh. Can't it be fast and accurate?

--
Walter