Обсуждение: Website Hosting Service and Security

Website Hosting Service and Security

От
Brandon E Hofmann

Does anyone recommend a Website Hosting Service that supports PostgreSQL databases, Java, and Java Server Pages?  Also does anyone recommend a low budget security method to support logging into an application?

I'm writing a web application using Java that I want to use with a PostgreSQL database and have it hosted online and accessed via ID/Password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

Re: Website Hosting Service and Security

От
Walter Vaughan
Дата:
Brandon E Hofmann wrote:

> Does anyone recommend a Website Hosting Service that supports PostgreSQL
> databases, Java, and Java Server Pages?  Also does anyone recommend a
> low budget security method to support logging into an application?

I've never had anything hosted there, but several people involved in the Apache
Open for Business project swear by Contegix for their postgresql experience...

http://www.contegix.com/solutions/managed/applications.action

For your second question... I don't understand.

Re: Website Hosting Service and Security

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
It looks like there is at least one PostgreSQL/Java hosting service
on this list:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_hosting

PostgreSQL supports secure connections. SSH is another common option
for connecting remotely to PostgreSQL.

On Dec 21, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Brandon E Hofmann wrote:

> Does anyone recommend a Website Hosting Service that supports
> PostgreSQL databases, Java, and Java Server Pages?  Also does
> anyone recommend a low budget security method to support logging
> into an application?
>
> I'm writing a web application using Java that I want to use with a
> PostgreSQL database and have it hosted online and accessed via ID/
> Password.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL