Обсуждение: Under Red Hat AS in a WIndows Virtual Machine

Under Red Hat AS in a WIndows Virtual Machine

От
"Matt Miller"
Дата:
I'm looking at running PG under Red Hat AS, but within a virtual
machine.  The host will be a Windows 2003 Enterprise server running
Windows Virtual Machine 2005 Enterprise.  From the archives it seems
that people are doing this type of thing successfully, but I just wanted
to see if anyone had any advice.

I'll probably also be setting up some kind of standby/replication site
running under a similar environment.  The standby, though, will run the
non-Enterprise flavor of the Microsoft stuff.

Re: Under Red Hat AS in a WIndows Virtual Machine

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Matt Miller wrote:
> I'm looking at running PG under Red Hat AS, but within a virtual
> machine.  The host will be a Windows 2003 Enterprise server running
> Windows Virtual Machine 2005 Enterprise.  From the archives it seems
> that people are doing this type of thing successfully, but I just wanted
> to see if anyone had any advice.

Performance with I/O tends to suck on virtual machines, but otherwise I
don't think PG will know.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd