Обсуждение: How to preserve characters with accent?

How to preserve characters with accent?

От
"dfx"
Дата:
Dear sirs,

I have some fiel name with character with accent (à, ò...) but when I make a
plain backup of schema (file.sql) that characters are converted to strange
sequence of two (or more?) characters.

How I can avoid this?

Thank you in advance.

Domenico

Re: How to preserve characters with accent?

От
Peter Eisentraut
dfx wrote:
> I have some fiel name with character with accent (à, ò...) but when I
> make a plain backup of schema (file.sql) that characters are
> converted to strange sequence of two (or more?) characters.

You need to set your server and client encoding correctly.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: How to preserve characters with accent?

От
marcelo Cortez
Дата:
Hi there

--- Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> escribió:

> dfx wrote:
> > I have some fiel name with character with accent
> (à, ò...) but when I
> > make a plain backup of schema (file.sql) that
> characters are
> > converted to strange sequence of two (or more?)
> characters.

 This sounds to me unicode character set ..
 best regards
  MDC

> You need to set your server and client encoding
> correctly.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/