Обсуждение: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1

Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1

От
"dfx"
Дата:
Thank you Tom,

I tryied in any way to upgrade to 8.2 but I get only v. 8.1.8 (with yum).

I tryied also with .rpm downloaded from postgres official site but I get a
lot of unresolved dependencies.

So I ask if it exist a document that explain step by step the process to
upgrade v. 8.1 to v. 8.2 under Fedora Core 6, a document for novices, as I
am.

Thank you again.

Domenico

Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1

От
Raymond O'Donnell
dfx wrote:

> I tryied also with .rpm downloaded from postgres official site but I get a
> lot of unresolved dependencies.
>
> So I ask if it exist a document that explain step by step the process to
> upgrade v. 8.1 to v. 8.2 under Fedora Core 6, a document for novices, as I
> am.

For what it's worth, I've always found it easier to compile from source
than to try and grapple with packet managers, both under RedHat and
Ubuntu, and I'm no Linux expert.... on Ubuntu in particular, apt-get
seems to scatter files around the hard disk in all sorts of non-standard
places.

The installation instructions in the docs are very comprehensive and
easy to follow, and as long as you make sure that you have all the
requirements (readline and zlib in particular) you should have no problem.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> For what it's worth, I've always found it easier to compile from
> source than to try and grapple with packet managers, both under
> RedHat and Ubuntu, and I'm no Linux expert.... on Ubuntu in
> particular, apt-get seems to scatter files around the hard disk in
> all sorts of non-standard places.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure both Red Hat and Ubuntu, following the LSB and
all, scatter their files in a decidedly standard way.  Of course you
are not required to like that way, but then you will have similar
issues with most Linux binary packages.  If you have particular and
well-founded gripes with the package layout, a bug report would also
work.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Keyword OWNED not recognized in pg v. 8.1

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 08:57 +0100, dfx wrote:
> I tryied also with .rpm downloaded from postgres official site but I
> get a lot of unresolved dependencies.

You should not have gotten dependency errors if you did not miss to
install compat package.

> So I ask if it exist a document that explain step by step the process
> to upgrade v. 8.1 to v. 8.2 under Fedora Core 6, a document for
> novices, as I am.

http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000048/98/PostgreSQL-RPM-Installation-PGDG.pdf

Let us know if you have more questions.

--