Обсуждение: ftell mismatch with expected position

ftell mismatch with expected position

От
"Jan Muszynski"
Дата:
I found this thread (I'm posting here because I'm not subscribed to
Hackers)
http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org/msg85241.html

which seems to be talking about this issue. I'm just wondering what the
current status on this is. Someone I know is getting this error -(I'm not
100% sure what version he's running other than it's an 8.2 series,
although I am finding out. And yes it's definitely on Windows).

Does he have to wait until 8.3? Will it be fixed in 8.3? Or is it fixed in
the latest release?

Any suggestions for a workaround? (I told him he can generate a Plain
backup and compress the result using zip, rar, etc - will this work?)

TIA
-jcm

Re: ftell mismatch with expected position

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Jan Muszynski wrote:
> I found this thread (I'm posting here because I'm not subscribed to
> Hackers)
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org/msg85241.html
>
> which seems to be talking about this issue. I'm just wondering what the
> current status on this is. Someone I know is getting this error -(I'm not
> 100% sure what version he's running other than it's an 8.2 series,
> although I am finding out. And yes it's definitely on Windows).
>
> Does he have to wait until 8.3? Will it be fixed in 8.3? Or is it fixed in
> the latest release?

It will be fixed in 8.3.  It is too risky to backpatch to 8.2.X.  The
fix is in current CVS, but again that is 8.3.

> Any suggestions for a workaround? (I told him he can generate a Plain
> backup and compress the result using zip, rar, etc - will this work?)

Yes.

Re: ftell mismatch with expected position

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Jan Muszynski wrote:
>> I found this thread (I'm posting here because I'm not subscribed to
>> Hackers)
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org/msg85241.html
>>
>> which seems to be talking about this issue. I'm just wondering what the
>> current status on this is. Someone I know is getting this error -(I'm not
>> 100% sure what version he's running other than it's an 8.2 series,
>> although I am finding out. And yes it's definitely on Windows).
>>
>> Does he have to wait until 8.3? Will it be fixed in 8.3? Or is it fixed in
>> the latest release?
>
> It will be fixed in 8.3.  It is too risky to backpatch to 8.2.X.  The
> fix is in current CVS, but again that is 8.3.

Uh, it was backpatched to 8.2... It's not in a release yet, but it
should be in the next one.

//Magnus