Обсуждение: Postgres Mailing List management solution

Postgres Mailing List management solution

От
"Desire Athow"
Дата:
I am looking for a email list management solution (can be a script, an
open source application etc), which uses Postgre SQL (AKA Postgres) as
database.

Can you let me know whether this rare bird exist?

Re: Postgres Mailing List management solution

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Desire Athow wrote:
> I am looking for a email list management solution (can be a script, an
> open source application etc), which uses Postgre SQL (AKA Postgres) as
> database.
>
> Can you let me know whether this rare bird exist?

I don't know of anything myself - actually, I'm not sure if any of the
main systems use any sort of RDBMS.

You might be able to hook up a feed from one to "Archiveopteryx" which
provides a mail archive & imap server. I've just started looking at it,
and it seems to have a pretty good design. Note - I've only looked at
the database side of it rather than IMAP compliance etc.
   http://www.archiveopteryx.org

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:02:31AM +0000, Desire Athow wrote:
> I am looking for a email list management solution (can be a script, an
> open source application etc), which uses Postgre SQL (AKA Postgres) as
> database.
>
> Can you let me know whether this rare bird exist?

IIRC, Sympa (www.sympa.org) supports it. Haven't used it myself though.

//Magnus

Re: Postgres Mailing List management solution

От
Jeff Ross
Дата:
Desire Athow wrote:
> I am looking for a email list management solution (can be a script, an
> open source application etc), which uses Postgre SQL (AKA Postgres) as
> database.
>
> Can you let me know whether this rare bird exist?

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
>

> !DSPAM:45ed3cf832791576275078!

ezmlm-idx

http://www.ezmlm.org/

I use ezmlm for quite a few mailing lists, but I've never used the
postgresql backend.

Jeff

Re: Postgres Mailing List management solution

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:02 +0000, Desire Athow wrote:
> I am looking for a email list management solution (can be a script, an
> open source application etc), which uses Postgre SQL (AKA Postgres) as
> database.

I have done an Mailman installation some years ago that was storing all
user info in PostgreSQL. We were dumping user data in mailman's format
regulary (silent unsub/silent resub).

I know it is a pain, but it was working (BTW, we were using our own
subcription page).

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ