Обсуждение: An alternatives to rules and triggers

An alternatives to rules and triggers

От
Glen Eustace
Дата:
Is there some way that one can determine whether a table has changed
i.e. an insert, delete, update, without having to resort to setting a
flag in another table using a triger or rule.

I was wondering whether one of the system relations keep track of
whether a table has been modifed.

Re: An alternatives to rules and triggers

Дата:
Glen Eustace <geustace@godzone.net.nz> writes:
> I was wondering whether one of the system relations keep track of
> whether a table has been modifed.

Nope.

            regards, tom lane

Re: An alternatives to rules and triggers

От
brian
Дата:
Glen Eustace wrote:
> Is there some way that one can determine whether a table has changed
> i.e. an insert, delete, update, without having to resort to setting a
> flag in another table using a triger or rule.
>
> I was wondering whether one of the system relations keep track of
> whether a table has been modifed.

How soon do you need to know that a change has occured? I suppose one
could monitor the log. You'd want to keep track of where in the log your
script read up to the last time, in order to avoid having to run through
from the beginning each time.

And you'd want to ensure that you scan the log right before it's
rotated, of course.

A bit of a hack ...

Re: An alternatives to rules and triggers

От
Karsten Hilbert
Дата:
On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 03:01:36PM +1200, Glen Eustace wrote:

> Is there some way that one can determine whether a table has changed
> i.e. an insert, delete, update, without having to resort to setting a
> flag in another table using a triger or rule.
You can NOTIFY a LISTENing client which does involve a
trigger but does not require another table holding flags
or such.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346