Обсуждение: Windows installation; why is PL/python shown but disabled?

Windows installation; why is PL/python shown but disabled?

От
novnov
Дата:
I have python 2.4 installed; python24\lib in the path; why is the PL\python
option presented but disabled in 8.2 postgres installer? There must be some
conditions under which it (and the other langs) are enabled. The only one of
the 7 show that is enabled is PL/pgsql. I've found this to be true for both
windows xp and vista.

Re: Windows installation; why is PL/python shown but disabled?

От
novnov
Дата:
For some reason a fresh install of python made a difference...now at least
the plpython checkbox is enabled. But per my other post today I can't get it
to install on vista at all now.

Re: Windows installation; why is PL/python shown but disabled?

От
Dave Page
novnov wrote:
> I have python 2.4 installed; python24\lib in the path; why is the PL\python
> option presented but disabled in 8.2 postgres installer? There must be some
> conditions under which it (and the other langs) are enabled. The only one of
> the 7 show that is enabled is PL/pgsql. I've found this to be true for both
> windows xp and vista.

To enable the PLs, the following files must be in the path:

        ONEDLL("perl58.dll","HAS_PERL");
        ONEDLL("tcl84.dll","HAS_TCL");
        ONEDLL("python24.dll","HAS_PYTHON");
        ONEDLL("jvm.dll","HAS_JAVA");

Regards, Dave.

Re: Windows installation; why is PL/python shown but disabled?

От
Magnus Hagander
Dave Page wrote:
> novnov wrote:
>> I have python 2.4 installed; python24\lib in the path; why is the PL\python
>> option presented but disabled in 8.2 postgres installer? There must be some
>> conditions under which it (and the other langs) are enabled. The only one of
>> the 7 show that is enabled is PL/pgsql. I've found this to be true for both
>> windows xp and vista.
>
> To enable the PLs, the following files must be in the path:
>
>         ONEDLL("perl58.dll","HAS_PERL");
>         ONEDLL("tcl84.dll","HAS_TCL");
>         ONEDLL("python24.dll","HAS_PYTHON");
>         ONEDLL("jvm.dll","HAS_JAVA");

Two more comments around that:

1) Those files *and any dependencies they have* must be in the PATH.

2) Remember that you have a per-user PATH and a per-system PATH. They
need to be in either the per-system PATH (recommended) or in the
per-user path *for the postgresql service account*. Having them in the
per-user path for Administrator or whatever account you are installing
from will not help.

//Magnus