Обсуждение: postgres upgrade

postgres upgrade

От
Tom Allison
Дата:
I'm trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.

Apparently the upgrade I just ran through installed a second database
on my server.

I was hoping that the debian configuration would migrate this for me.
I recall there was once a time when it would ask you about moving
data from old to new databases.  Is there some way I can do that?

Meanwhile, can I just use pg_dumpall to pull from 8.1 and then reload
into 8.2?

Re: postgres upgrade

От
Ray Stell
Дата:
On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 09:36:45AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> Meanwhile, can I just use pg_dumpall to pull from 8.1 and then reload
> into 8.2?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#item3.6

Re: postgres upgrade

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 09:36:45AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 8.2.
>
> Apparently the upgrade I just ran through installed a second database
> on my server.
>
> I was hoping that the debian configuration would migrate this for me.
> I recall there was once a time when it would ask you about moving
> data from old to new databases.  Is there some way I can do that?

Debian has pg_upgradecluster which will migrate from the old version to
the new version. Once migrated you can uninstall 8.1.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Вложения