Обсуждение: Inserting a path into Database

Inserting a path into Database

От
Ranieri Mazili
Дата:
Hello,

I need to insert a path into a table, but because "\" I have a error by
postgres, so how can I insert a path like bellow into a table:

insert into production values ('C:\Program Files\My program');

I appreciate any help
Thanks

Re: [SQL] Inserting a path into Database

От
"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
If you are on 8.1 you can use double qoutes ( 'C:\\Program Files\\My program' ) on in 8.2 you can use the new "backslash_quote (string)"  setting.

You can find help on " backslash_quote (string)" at --> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-compatible.html

--
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

On 6/4/07, Ranieri Mazili < ranieri.oliveira@terra.com.br> wrote:
Hello,

I need to insert a path into a table, but because "\" I have a error by
postgres, so how can I insert a path like bellow into a table:

insert into production values ('C:\Program Files\My program');

I appreciate any help
Thanks

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Inserting a path into Database

От
Mario Guenterberg
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 05:10:48PM -0300, Ranieri Mazili wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I need to insert a path into a table, but because "\" I have a error by
>  postgres, so how can I insert a path like bellow into a table:
>
>  insert into production values ('C:\Program Files\My program');

Use double quotes. In example c:\\Programme Files\\...

Greetings

| havelsoft.com - Ihr Service Partner für Open Source |
| Tel:  033876-21 966                                 |
| Notruf: 0173-277 33 60                              |
| http://www.havelsoft.com                            |
|                                                     |
| Inhaber: Mario Günterberg                           |
| Mützlitzer Strasse 19                               |
| 14715 Märkisch Luch                                 |

Re: Inserting a path into Database

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Jun 4, 2007, at 15:10 , Ranieri Mazili wrote:

> I need to insert a path into a table, but because "\" I have a
> error by postgres, so how can I insert a path like bellow into a
> table:
>
> insert into production values ('C:\Program Files\My program');

In v8.0 and later you can use dollar-quoted strings, e.g.,

select $_$C:\Program Files\My program$_$;
           ?column?
C:\Program Files\My program

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-syntax-
lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-DOLLAR-QUOTING

For 8.2, you can turn on standard_conforming_strings in
postgresql.conf so \ will be treated literally:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-
compatible.html#GUC-STANDARD-CONFORMING-STRINGS

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net