Обсуждение: function problem

function problem

От
ABHANG RANE
Дата:
Hi,
I have written a function called similarity in postgresql which accepts
real[] as argument. I then call it by saying

select * from similarity('{1.232,5.0000, 5.100, 10000}');

I get this error.

Could not choose a best candidate function. You may need to add
explicit type casts.

Is it the way I call is wrong?

Thanks
Abhang

Re: function problem

Дата:
ABHANG RANE <arane@indiana.edu> writes:
> I have written a function called similarity in postgresql which accepts
> real[] as argument. I then call it by saying

> select * from similarity('{1.232,5.0000, 5.100, 10000}');

> I get this error.

> Could not choose a best candidate function. You may need to add
> explicit type casts.

Apparently you've got more than one function named "similarity".
If that wasn't intentional, get rid of the bogus ones.  If it was,
cast your constant to make it clear which type you intend.

            regards, tom lane