Обсуждение: ssl enabling of postgres on Mac OS X

ssl enabling of postgres on Mac OS X

От
Michael Hogarth
Дата:
Hi folks.

I successfully compiled/built pg 8.1.9 using --with-openssl on a Mac.
I modified the startup config files to enable ssl.
Server starts without problems, but when I try to require SSL from
pgAdminIII, I get "server does not support SSL".

Has anyone been able to get an SSL-enabled PG built and running on
Mac OS X (10.2.4)?

Help -- I am pulling the last hairs I have left.

Re: ssl enabling of postgres on Mac OS X

Дата:
Michael Hogarth <mahogarth@ucdavis.edu> writes:
> Has anyone been able to get an SSL-enabled PG built and running on
> Mac OS X (10.2.4)?

Dunno about 10.2.x, but it seems to work fine for me on 10.4.10.

Can you connect with psql, and does it show a startup comment like
this:

SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)

            regards, tom lane

Re: ssl enabling of postgres on Mac OS X

От
Perry Smith
Дата:
On Jul 6, 2007, at 9:57 PM, Michael Hogarth wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> I successfully compiled/built pg 8.1.9 using --with-openssl on a Mac.
> I modified the startup config files to enable ssl.
> Server starts without problems, but when I try to require SSL from
> pgAdminIII, I get "server does not support SSL".
>
> Has anyone been able to get an SSL-enabled PG built and running on
> Mac OS X (10.2.4)?
>
> Help -- I am pulling the last hairs I have left.

This may not apply at all.  When I tried to get subversion to work
with openssl, the key was to compile neon with openssl.  Does any of
this use Neon?

If not, then please hit 'd' for delete....

How to retrieve number of rows affected, in an after statement trigger?

От
"Zlatko Matic"
Дата:
Hello.
Is it possible to retrieve information about how many rows were
changed/inserted in a table that fired after statement trigger?
Thanks,

Zlatko

Re: How to retrieve number of rows affected, in an after statement trigger?

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: How to retrieve number of rows affected, in an after statement trigger?

От
Zlatko Matić
Дата:
Thank you for the answer.
At least I'm glad it is possible!
But , as I don't know Perl, could you, please, tell me how to accomplish it
in plpgsql.
Thanks,

Zlatko