Обсуждение: how to resolve invalid primary checkpoint

how to resolve invalid primary checkpoint

От
"lim siang min"
Дата:
Hi,
I'm new to Postgresql and need to support on any IT related problem.
One of my customer not able to start the postgresql services.
The log said that ..
record with zero length at 0/2E16910
invalid primary checkpoint record
record with zero length at 0/2E168D0
invalid secondary checkpoint record
panic: could not locate a valid checkpoint record.

how should i resolve this issue.
Really appreciate any inputs. Thanks.

Re: how to resolve invalid primary checkpoint

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On Jul 10, 2007, at 4:08 AM, lim siang min wrote:
> I'm new to Postgresql and need to support on any IT related problem.
> One of my customer not able to start the postgresql services.
> The log said that ..
> record with zero length at 0/2E16910
> invalid primary checkpoint record
> record with zero length at 0/2E168D0
> invalid secondary checkpoint record
> panic: could not locate a valid checkpoint record.
>
> how should i resolve this issue.
> Really appreciate any inputs. Thanks.

Sounds like your WAL files have been corrupted, which indicates
faulty hardware (assuming that you haven't set fsync=off). I don't
really know if there's any way to recover from this; you may have to
restore from a backup. In any case, I'd question the hardware that
you're running on.