Обсуждение: encodings

encodings

От
Zlatko Matić
Дата:
Hello.
If I have an UTF8 database, dump it and the restore as WIN1250 database, then dump it again and restore as UTF8, would structure of the database (schema) be exactly the same as initial database, or something will change in the process?
In other words, does encoding influence only data stored in tables, or it influences database structure as well?
Thanks.

Zlatko

Re: encodings

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 10:24:38PM +0200, Zlatko Matić wrote:
> If I have an UTF8 database, dump it and the restore as WIN1250 database,
> then dump it again and restore as UTF8, would structure of the database
> (schema) be exactly the same as initial database, or something will
> change in the process?
> In other words, does encoding influence only data stored in tables, or
> it influences database structure as well?

I can't think of how the encoding would influence the structure.
Are you seeing behavior that suggests otherwise?

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: encodings

От