Обсуждение: postgres bash prompt error while user creation

postgres bash prompt error while user creation

От
Pingale.amol@gmail.com
Дата:
hello group
  i want to create a shell script  in that i want to create postgresql
user and database.both this task are created properly and executed
properly but after user and DB creation i am there on ( -bash-3.00$  )
and i wanna come back to [root@localhost:localdomain ~]#  and my
script is
#!/bin/bash
su -l postgres;
psql -U postgres -c "CREATE USER admin27 WITH PASSWORD 'admin27'
CREATEDB;" template1
psql -U admin27 -c "CREATE DATABASE emcc27;" template1 \q exit;
plzz help me to back to root from postgres bash prompt

Re: postgres bash prompt error while user creation

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Дата:
>   i want to create a shell script  in that i want to create postgresql
> user and database.both this task are created properly and executed
> properly but after user and DB creation i am there on ( -bash-3.00$  )
> and i wanna come back to [root@localhost:localdomain ~]#  and my
> script is
> #!/bin/bash
> su -l postgres;
> psql -U postgres -c "CREATE USER admin27 WITH PASSWORD 'admin27'
> CREATEDB;" template1
> psql -U admin27 -c "CREATE DATABASE emcc27;" template1 \q exit;
> plzz help me to back to root from postgres bash prompt

You should probably start by reading about the basics of
shell programming. Apart from the obvious documentation
the man pages for "su" may help you to create something that
looks like a shell script.

You might consider the use of "here documents" as described
in the "bash" man page.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: postgres bash prompt error while user creation

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On 10/25/07, Pingale.amol@gmail.com <Pingale.amol@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello group
>   i want to create a shell script  in that i want to create postgresql
> user and database.both this task are created properly and executed
> properly but after user and DB creation i am there on ( -bash-3.00$  )
> and i wanna come back to [root@localhost:localdomain ~]#  and my
> script is
> #!/bin/bash
> su -l postgres;
> psql -U postgres -c "CREATE USER admin27 WITH PASSWORD 'admin27'
> CREATEDB;" template1
> psql -U admin27 -c "CREATE DATABASE emcc27;" template1 \q exit;
> plzz help me to back to root from postgres bash prompt

first off, stop doing things as root that you don't need to be root to
do.  It's dangerous and a bad habit to get into.

Next, how are you calling your bash script?  Normally if it's set to
executable and you just call it by name i.e. ./myscript it should exit
the bash terminal when done.