Обсуждение: uninstall postgres 8.2

uninstall postgres 8.2

От
"Josh Harrison"
Дата:
Hi,
What is the best way to uninstall postgres?
 I'm planning to use postgres 8.3 beta and I would like to uninstall my earlier version 8.2.3. This is only a  test database and so I'm not interested in upgrading or preserving anything from this version.
Thanks
josh

Re: uninstall postgres 8.2

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 03/12/2007 15:20, Josh Harrison wrote:

> What is the best way to uninstall postgres?

What platform are you on? How did you install it in the first place? If
you're on Windows, use the installer. If you're on Debian or Ubuntu and
you used apt-get to install, use apt-get remove [...]. If you compiled
from source (make, then make install, etc), I'd simply remove the
installation and source directories by hand.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: uninstall postgres 8.2

От
"Gevik Babakhani"
Дата:
Is this on windows or linux/unix?

On windows run the setup/uninstaller from your control-panel. You can remove the data directory assuming PG is installed on c:\program files\postgresql\8.2\....
that's it for windows.... :)

On unix/linux, you should try to uninstall using your package manager for example apt-get or yum ....

Regards,
Gevik Babakhani
PostgreSQL NL       http://www.postgresql.nl
TrueSoftware BV     http://www.truesoftware.nl