Обсуждение: executing a procedure with delay

executing a procedure with delay

От
Ottavio Campana
Дата:
I'd like to execute a stored procedure in postgresql one minute after a
table has been modified. In case there are two changes in less than one
minute, I want to reset the time that has to be waited before running
the procedure.

I think I need to use a trigger, but I don't know how...

Can you help me please?

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.

Вложения

Re: executing a procedure with delay

От
"Pavel Stehule"
Дата:
Hello

you can use pg_sleep function. But using it in trigger is ugly,
because transaction stay in open state. Look to orafce on intersession
communication. Maybe you can use it.

http://www.pgsql.cz/index.php/Oracle_functionality_%28en%29

Regards
Pavel Stehule

On 12/12/2007, Ottavio Campana <ottavio@campana.vi.it> wrote:
> I'd like to execute a stored procedure in postgresql one minute after a
> table has been modified. In case there are two changes in less than one
> minute, I want to reset the time that has to be waited before running
> the procedure.
>
> I think I need to use a trigger, but I don't know how...
>
> Can you help me please?
>
> --
> Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.

Re: executing a procedure with delay

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Wed, dem 12.12.2007, um 14:43:55 +0100 mailte Pavel Stehule folgendes:
> Hello
>
> you can use pg_sleep function. But using it in trigger is ugly,
> because transaction stay in open state. Look to orafce on intersession
> communication. Maybe you can use it.

other solution (vaguely): LISTEN/NOFIFY and an external prozess.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer