Обсуждение: possible psql \d bug in 8.3 beta2

possible psql \d bug in 8.3 beta2

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
Is seems that \d is missing the following entry
when I set search_path to display two schemas:
            List of relations
 Schema  |    Name     | Type  |  Owner
---------+-------------+-------+----------
 project | managers    | table | teaminst

instrumentation=> select version();
                        version
 PostgreSQL 8.3beta2, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400
(1 row)

instrumentation=> set search_path to project;
SET
instrumentation=> \d
            List of relations
 Schema  |    Name     | Type  |  Owner
---------+-------------+-------+----------
 project | managers    | table | teaminst
 project | project_tls | table | teaminst
 project | projects    | table | teaminst
(3 rows)

instrumentation=> set search_path to history;
SET
instrumentation=> \d
           List of relations
 Schema  |   Name   | Type  |  Owner
---------+----------+-------+----------
 history | managers | table | teaminst
(1 row)

instrumentation=> set search_path to history, project;
SET
instrumentation=> \d
            List of relations
 Schema  |    Name     | Type  |  Owner
---------+-------------+-------+----------
 history | managers    | table | teaminst  <--where is project.managers
 project | project_tls | table | teaminst
 project | projects    | table | teaminst
(3 rows)

instrumentation=>

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: possible psql \d bug in 8.3 beta2

Дата:
Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> writes:
> Is seems that \d is missing the following entry
> when I set search_path to display two schemas:
>             List of relations
>  Schema  |    Name     | Type  |  Owner
> ---------+-------------+-------+----------
>  project | managers    | table | teaminst

It's hidden by the "managers" table in the earlier "history" schema.
\d without any particular schema specification will only show tables
that could be accessed by an unqualified table name.

            regards, tom lane

Re: possible psql \d bug in 8.3 beta2

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
--- On Sun, 12/23/07, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> >  project | managers    | table | teaminst
>
> It's hidden by the "managers" table in the
> earlier "history" schema.
> \d without any particular schema specification will
> only show tables
> that could be accessed by an unqualified table name.

I see.  Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.