Обсуждение: need to dump/restore data for 8.3beta2 -> 8.3RC1 upgrade?

need to dump/restore data for 8.3beta2 -> 8.3RC1 upgrade?

От
rihad
Дата:
Hi, all! Subj, as is. Any other pitfalls I should be aware of?

Thanks.

Re: need to dump/restore data for 8.3beta2 -> 8.3RC1 upgrade?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Dienstag, 8. Januar 2008 schrieb rihad:
> Hi, all! Subj, as is. Any other pitfalls I should be aware of?

Please check the release notes for this information.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: need to dump/restore data for 8.3beta2 -> 8.3RC1 upgrade?

От
rihad
Дата:
>> Hi, all! Subj, as is. Any other pitfalls I should be aware of?
>
> Please check the release notes for this information.

Could you please be more specific? I can't find the steps to jump from
8.3beta2 to 8.3rc1, only from 8.2 to 8.3.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release-8-3.html

Re: need to dump/restore data for 8.3beta2 -> 8.3RC1 upgrade?

Дата:
rihad <rihad@mail.ru> writes:
> Could you please be more specific? I can't find the steps to jump from
> 8.3beta2 to 8.3rc1, only from 8.2 to 8.3.

You should be able to just dump and restore.  The forced initdb for
beta4 was to fix a couple of mistaken system-catalog entries, but it
shouldn't represent any particularly obvious user-visible change.

            regards, tom lane