Обсуждение: ERROR: shared buffer hash table corrupted

ERROR: shared buffer hash table corrupted

От
Ashish Karalkar
Дата:
ont: inherit;">Hello list members,I hav a table with 140M rows. While I=
 am trying to select the count from the tableI am getting following err=
orERROR:  shared buffer hash table corruptedCan anybod=
y please suggest me wht had gone wrong and how to fix it?PostgreSQL=
 8.2.4OS:Suse 10.3With RegardsAshish...</=
table>

       Save all your chat conversations. <a href=
=3D"http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_webmessenger_3/*http://in.messenger.yaho=
o.com/webmessengerpromo.php">Find them online.

Re: ERROR: shared buffer hash table corrupted

Дата:
Ashish Karalkar <ashish_postgre@yahoo.co.in> writes:
tablewith 140M rows. While I am trying to select the count from the table<br>I am getting following
>       <!--3--><hr size=1></hr> Save all your chat conversations. <a
href="http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_webmessenger_3/*http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php">Findthem
online.</a>

Please avoid posting in HTML on these lists ... or at least not HTML-only.

As to the problem, can you extract a reproducible test case?  It
certainly seems like a bug, but it's not one I can recall hearing
of before.

            regards, tom lane

Re: ERROR: shared buffer hash table corrupted

От
"T.J. Adami"
Дата:
On 14 jan, 09:08, ashish_post...@yahoo.co.in (Ashish Karalkar) wrote:
> Hello list members,
> I hav a table with 140M rows. While I am trying to select the count from the table
> I am getting following error
> ERROR:  shared buffer hash table corrupted
> Can anybody please suggest me wht had gone wrong and how to fix it?
> PostgreSQL 8.2.4
> OS:Suse 10.3
> With Regards
> Ashish...Save all your chat conversations.Find them online.

I had too many problems with transaction log corruption and table
corruption in a linux 2.6 kernel server with bad memory banks..

It does not showed the same error message on shared buffers, but I
could fix it by changing the memory banks to ones of same vendor,
speed and latency, and after this, I did the following steps (each one
in the exactly order):

1- Dropped out every database object that was part of DDL (Views,
Indexes, Functions, etc). Of course you'll need the scripts to
recreate it later;
2- executed REINDEX DATABASE xxxx on each database of cluster;
3- executed a '$ vacuumdb -vfz' against the databases;
4- pg_dumpall into a backup script file of all databases (steps 2 and
3 are only for validation);
5- removed the data path of postgres cluster (PGDATA);
6- recreated a new postgres cluster and restore the pg_dumpall script
on it;
7- Re-run the schema definition to create database objects.

As you can see, I was tightly lucky for the corruption stay on indexes
and other objects. If the table data got corrupted... the story could
be another, and you get errors on steps 2 and 3.

Re: ERROR: shared buffer hash table corrupted

От
"T.J. Adami"
Дата:
with
extraordinary success in his ministry, in the conversion of many souls.
He had five harvests, as he called them. The first was about 57 years
ago; the second about 53; the third about 40; the fourth about 24; the
fifth and last about 18 years ago. Some of these times were much more
remarkable than others, and the ingathering of souls more plentiful.
Those about 53, and 40, and 24 years ago, were much greater than either
the first or the last: but in each of them, I have heard my grandfather
say, the greater part of the young people in the town, seemed to be
mainly concerned for their eternal salvation.

After the last of these, came a far more degenerate time (at least among
the young people), I suppose, than ever before. Mr. Stoddard, indeed,
had the comfort, before he died, of seeing a time where there were no
small appearances of a divine work among some, and a considerable
ingathering of souls, even after I was settled with him in the ministry,
which was about two years before his death; and I have reason to bless
God for the great advantage I had by it. In these two years there were
nearly twenty that Mr. Stoddard hoped to be savingly converted; but
there was nothing of any general awakening. The greater part seemed to
be at that time very insensible of the things of religion, and engaged
in other cares and pursuits. Just after my grandfather's death, it
seemed to be a time of extraordinary dullness in religion.
Licentiousness for some years prevailed among the youth of the town;
there were many of them very much addicted to night-walking, and
frequenting the tavern, and lewd practices, wherein some, by their
example, exceedingly corrupted others