Обсуждение: postgres 8.3 rc-1 ispell installation problem

postgres 8.3 rc-1 ispell installation problem

От
marcelo Cortez
Дата:
 hi folks

 i've tried to install ispell  for

CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY spanish_ispell (
    TEMPLATE = ispell,
    DictFile = spanish,
    AffFile = spanish,
    StopWords = spanish
);

sentence, but, one error ocurrs
ERROR:  syntax error at line 432 of affix file
"/usr/local/pgsql/share/tsearch_data/spanish.affix"
the offending line is

flag *J:        # isimo
   E    > -E, 'ISIMO  #  grand'isimo  <-- here  432
    E   > -E, 'ISIMOS   # grande grand'isimos
    E   > -E, 'ISIMA    # grande grand'isima
    E   > -E, 'ISIMAS   # grande grand'isimas
    O   > -O, 'ISIMO    # tonto tont'isimo
    O   > -O, 'ISIMA    # tonto tont'isima

i think 'I..  word is not correct for ispell,
this should be one Í letter
but nothing seems to work ..
I've tried
select convert( 'ÍSIMO', 'SQL_ASCII', 'UTF8') ,
but don't work

any clue?
best regards

sorry for my english :)

      Tarjeta de crédito Yahoo! de Banco Supervielle.
Solicitá tu nueva Tarjeta de crédito. De tu PC directo a tu casa. www.tuprimeratarjeta.com.ar

Re: postgres 8.3 rc-1 ispell installation problem

От
Teodor Sigaev
Дата:
> flag *J:        # isimo
>    E    > -E, 'ISIMO  #  grand'isimo  <-- here  432
>     E   > -E, 'ISIMOS   # grande grand'isimos
>     E   > -E, 'ISIMA    # grande grand'isima
>     E   > -E, 'ISIMAS   # grande grand'isimas
>     O   > -O, 'ISIMO    # tonto tont'isimo
>     O   > -O, 'ISIMA    # tonto tont'isima

Current implementation doesn't accept any character in ending except alpha ones.

> i think 'I..  word is not correct for ispell,
> this should be one Í letter
That's right, but you should convert dictionary and affix file in UTF8 encoding.

                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Re: postgres 8.3 rc-1 ispell installation problem

От
marcelo Cortez
Дата:
Thanks Teodor

 for quick response,and your work

> That's right, but you should convert dictionary and
> affix file in UTF8 encoding.
how to i can do it?
best regards
MDC

      Yahoo! Encuentros.

Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros
http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration

Re: postgres 8.3 rc-1 ispell installation problem

От
marcelo Cortez
Дата:
Teodor

i've  tried with openoffice.org but whitout success,
:)

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8":
0xe16261
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence
does not match the encoding expected by the server,
i've  tried too with
 convmv -f iso-8859-1   --notest  -t utf-8  es_ES.dic
whitout success too.

my database encoding is LATIN1
i missing some thing ?
best regards
mdc

> > flag *J:        # isimo
> >    E    > -E, 'ISIMO  #  grand'isimo  <-- here
> 432
> >     E   > -E, 'ISIMOS   # grande grand'isimos
> >     E   > -E, 'ISIMA    # grande grand'isima
> >     E   > -E, 'ISIMAS   # grande grand'isimas
> >     O   > -O, 'ISIMO    # tonto tont'isimo
> >     O   > -O, 'ISIMA    # tonto tont'isima
> >
> Current implementation doesn't accept any character
> in ending except alpha ones.
>
> > i think 'I..  word is not correct for ispell,
> > this should be one Í letter
> That's right, but you should convert dictionary and
> affix file in UTF8 encoding.
>

> --
> Teodor Sigaev
> E-mail: teodor@sigaev.ru
>
> WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

      Yahoo! Encuentros.

Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros
http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration

Re: postgres 8.3 rc-1 ispell installation problem

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
marcelo Cortez escribió:

> i've  tried too with
>  convmv -f iso-8859-1   --notest  -t utf-8  es_ES.dic
> whitout success too.

convmv only recodes the name of the file -- the content is not affected.
To recode the file content you need iconv.

Re: postgres 8.3 rc-1 ispell installation problem [RESOLVED]

От
marcelo Cortez
Дата:
Thanks Alvaro

iconv -f iso-8859-1  -t utf-8  es_ES.dict > es.dict

works!!

--- Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>