Обсуждение: Server not listening

Server not listening

От
D Galen
Дата:
If this isn't the right place to post this, please advise.

I've spent a week trying to get PostgreSQL 8.3 to install correctly on
WIN2K.  Server will load & I see the server processes loaded but none of
them have any open ports.  I keep getting the message  the server isn't
listening.  Server set up to connect to default port 5432 on localhost
but doesn't appear to be opening the port when it loads.

    Any help would be welcome.
Thanks,

                  Dennis

Re: Server not listening

От
"Josh Tolley"
Дата:
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 4:53 PM, D Galen <degalen@comcast.net> wrote:
> If this isn't the right place to post this, please advise.
>
>  I've spent a week trying to get PostgreSQL 8.3 to install correctly on
> WIN2K.  Server will load & I see the server processes loaded but none of
> them have any open ports.  I keep getting the message  the server isn't
> listening.  Server set up to connect to default port 5432 on localhost but
> doesn't appear to be opening the port when it loads.
>
>    Any help would be welcome.
> Thanks,
>
> Dennis

Well, easy ones first, I guess: what does postgresql.conf look like,
specifically "listen_addresses" and "port"; what are their values and
are they commented out?

- Josh / eggyknap

Re: Server not listening

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM, D Galen <degalen@comcast.net> wrote:
> If this isn't the right place to post this, please advise.
>
>  I've spent a week trying to get PostgreSQL 8.3 to install correctly on
> WIN2K.  Server will load & I see the server processes loaded but none of
> them have any open ports.  I keep getting the message  the server isn't
> listening.  Server set up to connect to default port 5432 on localhost but
> doesn't appear to be opening the port when it loads.

odd. can you try configuring the server to listen on '*' in postgresql.conf?

merlin