Обсуждение: how can i get initdb

how can i get initdb

От
"J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET"
Дата:
Hello,

I read that with initdb command I can specify the server encoding, but with my installation I don't hae initdb command.

How can I install it? Please

Thanks.

PS: I installed postgresql-8.3 debian package and it's respectives dependencies.

Re: how can i get initdb

От
Glyn Astill
Дата:
Is it possible you dont have it in your path? try <path to pgsql bin>/initdb
on my system /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb

----- Original Message ----
From: J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET <tech@ubilibet.com>
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Sent: Tuesday, 13 May, 2008 4:42:37 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] how can i get initdb

--

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email.

Re: how can i get initdb

От
salman
Дата:
J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I read that with initdb command I can specify the server encoding, but with my
> installation I don't hae initdb command.
>
> How can I install it? Please
>
> Thanks.
>
> PS: I installed postgresql-8.3 debian package and it's respectives dependencies.
> --

initdb for debian's postgres 8.3 package is in
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/initdb -- it's probably just not in your
nomal path.

root@Athena:~# dpkg -L postgresql-8.3 |grep -i initdb
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/initdb

-salman

Re: how can i get initdb

От
"J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET"
Дата:
found it, thanks a lot

tomorrow i will try set the encoding with initdb adn try to restore the database

thanks a have a good end of the day !

salman escribió:
J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET wrote:
Hello,

I read that with initdb command I can specify the server encoding, but with my installation I don't hae initdb command.

How can I install it? Please

Thanks.

PS: I installed postgresql-8.3 debian package and it's respectives dependencies.
--

initdb for debian's postgres 8.3 package is in /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/initdb -- it's probably just not in your nomal path.

root@Athena:~# dpkg -L postgresql-8.3 |grep -i initdb
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/initdb

-salman

Re: how can i get initdb

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 06:05:48PM +0200, J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET wrote:
> found it, thanks a lot
>
> tomorrow i will try set the encoding with initdb adn try to restore the
> database

If you're using debian then check out pg_dropcluster and
pg_createcluster commands.

Have a nice day,

Re: how can i get initdb

От
"J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET"
Дата:
Iep,

So thanks to your hint I haven't done the re-encoding, I guess it's the much better. I don't like latin2 anyway, i prefer UTF8 since I thinkis more standard.

Thanks a lot.

All beings be happy,
·_- manou