Обсуждение: postgres connection problem via python pg DBI

postgres connection problem via python pg DBI

От
"Dan Joo"

Hi all,

I have a problem connecting to postgres via the python pg module ONLY from the cgi-scripts.

The command is:

db=pg.connect('aqdev','localhost',5432,None,None,'postgres',None)

From the commandline the connection works great, but from a cgi-script it barfs with the following message:

InternalError: could not create socket: Permission denied

Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this issue?

Thanks a bunch!

Re: postgres connection problem via python pg DBI

От
"Dan Joo"

Just solved it.

For others, here is the solution.

setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect_db 1

I have a problem connecting to postgres via the python pg module ONLY from the cgi-scripts.

The command is:

db=pg.connect('aqdev','localhost',5432,None,None,'postgres',None)

From the commandline the connection works great, but from a cgi-script it barfs with the following message:

InternalError: could not create socket: Permission denied

Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this issue?

Thanks a bunch!

Re: postgres connection problem via python pg DBI

От
Colin Wetherbee
Dan Joo wrote:
> db=pg.connect('aqdev','localhost',5432,None,None,'postgres',None)
>
> From the commandline the connection works great, but from a
> cgi-script it barfs with the following message:
>
> *InternalError*: could not create socket: Permission denied

My (obvious, granted) guess is that you're running it from the command
line as your own user, but the web server is running under another user
who doesn't have the proper permissions (or ident response) to access
the database.

Colin