Обсуждение: Source RPM for 8.3.3?

Source RPM for 8.3.3?

От
"Kevin Regan"
Дата:
I was browsing the postgresql download site, but I wasn't able to find the source RPM for 8.3.3.  Is it available on the site?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Source RPM for 8.3.3?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 10:24 -0700, Kevin Regan wrote:
> I was browsing the postgresql download site, but I wasn't able to find
> the source RPM for 8.3.3.  Is it available on the site?

I just finished uploading 8.3.3 SRPMs. They will be on
ftp.postgresql.org in a few hours, after sync.

Also you can grab them from here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.3/

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Source RPM for 8.3.3?

От
Jorge Godoy
Дата:
On Saturday 14 June 2008 10:33:15 Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 10:24 -0700, Kevin Regan wrote:
> > I was browsing the postgresql download site, but I wasn't able to find
> > the source RPM for 8.3.3.  Is it available on the site?
>
> I just finished uploading 8.3.3 SRPMs. They will be on
> ftp.postgresql.org in a few hours, after sync.
>
> Also you can grab them from here:
>
> http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.3/
>
> Regards,

Devrim,

have you ever thought about using OpenSuSE's build service?  Your RPMs are
more complete -- i.e. they include the scripting languages as well -- than the
ones available for OpenSuSE...

And the build service already creates packages for Fedora and other
distributions.

https://build.opensuse.org/

Here's a list of supported distributions:

Distribution

openSUSE Factory

openSUSE 10.3

openSUSE 10.2

SUSE Linux 10.1

SLE 10

SUSE Linux 10.0

SUSE Linux 9.3

SLES 9

CentOS 5

RHEL 4

RHEL 5

Fedora 6 with Extras

Fedora 7 with Extras

Fedora 8 with Extras

Mandriva 2006

Mandriva 2007

Mandriva 2008

It lacks Fedora 9, though...  But I believe that it wouldn't be hard to have
it added to the list.  Specially to have more people using those "standard"
RPM packages for all the distributions above.

Regards,
--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

Re: Source RPM for 8.3.3?

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 12:15 -0300, Jorge Godoy wrote:

> have you ever thought about using OpenSuSE's build service?

Actually no. Peter, Reinhard and other folks are already working on
improving OpenSuSE packages:

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/peter/index.php?/archives/20-News-on-the-PostgreSQL-RPM-packages-for-SUSE.html
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/peter/index.php?/archives/19-PostgreSQL-RPM-packages-for-SUSE.html

As Peter noted in first link, please  send your suggestions to that
team, so that they will add more packages.

I (and Darcy) setup a nice buildfarm for Fedora/RHEL/CentOS packages,
and I really want to use that one.

Also, to be honest, I have *no* time to maintain another distro -- more
spec file, more packages to build, etc.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE