Обсуждение: TODO list and "hyphen"

TODO list and "hyphen"

От
Scara Maccai
Дата:
Hi,

I was looking at the TODO:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html

"A hyphen, "-", marks changes that will appear in the upcoming 8.4 release."

Well, making a search for the "-" sign is complicated... it's obviously
used for a lot of other things... could you use another character?

Re: TODO list and "hyphen"

От
salman
Дата:
 >> -Allow administrators to safely terminate individual sessions either
  via an SQL function or SIGTERM  <<

Can't you already do this with pg_cancel_backend() or kill <child pid>?
Or is this for something else altogether?

-salman

Re: TODO list and "hyphen"

От
Bruce Momjian
salman wrote:
>  >> -Allow administrators to safely terminate individual sessions either
>   via an SQL function or SIGTERM  <<
>
> Can't you already do this with pg_cancel_backend() or kill <child pid>?

Cancel backend only cancels the current query but later queries are
still executed.  Kill was never officially supported as a way to
terminate a backend, but it will be in 8.4 and there is an SQL function
to do it too.

Re: TODO list and "hyphen"

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Scara Maccai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the TODO:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
>

> "A hyphen, "-", marks changes that will appear in the upcoming 8.4 release."
>
> Well, making a search for the "-" sign is complicated... it's obviously
> used for a lot of other things... could you use another character?

I think a search for ' -' will show you the items you want.

Re: TODO list and "hyphen"

От
Russ Brown
Дата:

Re: TODO list and "hyphen"

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Russ Brown wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Scara Maccai wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I was looking at the TODO:
> >>
> >> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
> >>

> >> "A hyphen, "-", marks changes that will appear in the upcoming 8.4 release."
> >>
> >> Well, making a search for the "-" sign is complicated... it's obviously
> >> used for a lot of other things... could you use another character?
> >
> > I think a search for ' -' will show you the items you want.
> >

> Might it be worth documenting that at the top of the page? I know I've
> struggled to look down the list before myself.

You are the first person to ever ask, and searching for ' -' is pretty
basic.  If it is a problem, I think some other symbol should be used.

Re: TODO list and "hyphen"

От
Scara Maccai
Дата:
> You are the first person to ever ask, and searching for ' -' is pretty
> basic.  If it is a problem, I think some other symbol should be used.

using opera it doesn't work... and with Firefox you still get a lot of not-wanted matches...
Of course, this is not a "problem", I was just thinking that another char would be better.

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l'home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina