Обсуждение: pg_restore stalled ???

pg_restore stalled ???

От
"Gauthier, Dave"

Hi:

I did a pg_dump of a v8,2,5 db using...

pg_dump –C –file=thedb.pgdump thedb

I’m attempting to restore in v8.3.4 using pg_restore running under v8.3.4 using...

pg_restore –f mydb.pgdump –i –C

It doesn;t appear to be doing anything.  ps shows no cpu usage.  du shows no increasing disk space usage where the DB was initialized.

Any clues?

Thanks

Re: pg_restore stalled ???

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Gauthier, Dave <dave.gauthier@intel.com> schrieb:

> Hi:
>

> I did a pg_dump of a v8,2,5 db using...
>

> pg_dump –C –file=thedb.pgdump thedb

This create a plain text dump.

> I’m attempting to restore in v8.3.4 using pg_restore running under v8.3.4
> using...
>

> pg_restore –f mydb.pgdump –i –C

pg_restore expect a dump in the custom format.

Please, read the docu about pg_dump and pg_restore. To restore a plain
text dump use psql instead.

Andreas

Re: pg_restore stalled ???

Дата:
"Gauthier, Dave" <dave.gauthier@intel.com> writes:
> I'm attempting to restore in v8.3.4 using pg_restore running under
> v8.3.4 using...
> pg_restore -f mydb.pgdump -i -C
> It doesn;t appear to be doing anything.

It's waiting for an archive to show up on stdin :-(

-f is the *output* file name for pg_restore.  Also, you're lacking
any switches here specifying a database to connect to.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_restore stalled ???

От
"Gauthier, Dave"
Дата:
Ya, I aborted it and am successfully restoring the DB using psql.  It's
sure taking up cycles and disk space now :-)

-dave