Обсуждение: Bug In COPY TO?

Bug In COPY TO?

От
Bill Thoen
Дата:
I noticed that in PG 8.1 the docs for COPY TO say that you can use WITH
HEADER, but when I do that it throws an error saying that this works
only in CSV mode. Is this a bug or do I have something wrong with my syntax?

COPY mytable TO '/data/out.txt'
   WITH HEADER DELIMITER '|' NULL '' ;

Re: Bug In COPY TO?

Дата:
Bill Thoen <bthoen@gisnet.com> writes:
> I noticed that in PG 8.1 the docs for COPY TO say that you can use WITH
> HEADER, but when I do that it throws an error saying that this works
> only in CSV mode. Is this a bug or do I have something wrong with my syntax?

I'd say it's a bug in the documentation :-(.  It looks like someone
carelessly added HEADER in the wrong place in the syntax summary.

            regards, tom lane