Обсуждение: PostgreSQL connect error

PostgreSQL connect error

От
"devi"
Дата:
Hi Friends,

I wrote a sample php program that connects to PostgreSQL DB.

==> I was able to run the PHP program from the command prompt as postgres user & not as anyother user
        $ php pgsql.php

==>  I was not able execute the same file from the web browser.  FATAL ERROR- undefined function pg_connect().

How to resolve this issue?  Please help.

Thanks
DEVI.G

Re: PostgreSQL connect error

От
John R Pierce
devi wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I wrote a sample php program that connects to PostgreSQL DB.
>
> ==> I was able to run the PHP program from the command prompt as
> postgres user & not as anyother user
>         $ php pgsql.php
>
> ==>  I was not able execute the same file from the web browser.  FATAL
> ERROR- undefined function pg_connect().
>
> How to resolve this issue?  Please help.

wild guess says, compare your PATH and other key environment variables
(such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH) while logged in as postgres vs your other
user...  adjust the path of this other user to suit.

Re: PostgreSQL connect error

От
Thomas Pundt
devi schrieb:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I wrote a sample php program that connects to PostgreSQL DB.
>
> ==> I was able to run the PHP program from the command prompt as
> postgres user & not as anyother user
>         $ php pgsql.php
>
> ==>  I was not able execute the same file from the web browser.  FATAL
> ERROR- undefined function pg_connect().
>
> How to resolve this issue?  Please help.
>
> Thanks
> DEVI.G

Apparently your php CLI binary has support for PostgreSQL compiled in,
your web server not. Resolving this highly depends on your platform;
it might be as easy as installing an RPM and restarting the web server,
or you needing to recompile PHP with PostgreSQL support compiled in.

Ciao,
Thomas

Re: PostgreSQL connect error

От
"devi"
Дата:
Hi ,

As john suggested, i tried setting up the env .. but that dosen't help out.
I tried with IP, instead of localhost in pg_hba.conf.. just trail & error
approach...

Now.. i'm getting the error as "FATAL:  role "apache" does not exist.."..

Can U help me out here!!

Thanks
DEVI.G

>>  I wrote a sample php program that connects to PostgreSQL DB.
>>  ==> I was able to run the PHP program from the command prompt as
>> postgres user & not as anyother user
>>         $ php pgsql.php
>>  ==>  I was not able execute the same file from the web browser.  FATAL
>> ERROR- undefined function pg_connect().
>>  How to resolve this issue?  Please help.
>>  Thanks
>> DEVI.G
>
> Apparently your php CLI binary has support for PostgreSQL compiled in,
> your web server not. Resolving this highly depends on your platform;
> it might be as easy as installing an RPM and restarting the web server,
> or you needing to recompile PHP with PostgreSQL support compiled in.
>
> Ciao,
> Thomas
>
> --

Re: PostgreSQL connect error

От
Richard Huxton
devi wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> As john suggested, i tried setting up the env .. but that dosen't help
> out. I tried with IP, instead of localhost in pg_hba.conf.. just trail &
> error approach...

There is no need to use trial and error - this is covered in the manuals:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-authentication.html

> Now.. i'm getting the error as "FATAL:  role "apache" does not exist.."..
>
> Can U help me out here!!

You're trying to connect with a username of "apache" and you don't have
that set up in the database.

Stop. Make a good hot cup of tea/coffee and read through the section of
the manual mentioned above. Disable access from the internet
(listen_addresses) and set up "trust" access as a first step.

Connect as the postgres user (from psql), add a new database user (e.g.
"test") with a password (see the manuals for details). Create a database
owned by them. Now try logging in as that user - no password should be
necessary.

Edit the pg_hba.conf to require passwords for all users apart from
"postgres" which you can leave as "ident". Restart the postgresql server
and try reconnecting as your test user. You should now need a password.

If all that's working, try connecting as your test user from php. Don't
forget to check result codes when you connect to the database or send a
query etc.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd