Обсуждение: Unable to access table named "user"

Unable to access table named "user"

От
Joe Kramer
Дата:
Hi,

I have table named user (lower case) in public schema.
I can access it using Pgadmin as
SELECT * from "user"; SELECT * from "public.user"; SELECT * FROM public.user;

I can't find any way to access this table from Jdbc.
Tried to access as public.user, user in single and double quotes, nothing helps.
I get exceptions like
ERROR: relation "public.user" does not exist
ERROR: relation "user" does not exist

Also tried to execute "SET search_path TO public" beforehand in same
jdbc connection, makes no difference.

Is there any way?

Thanks.

Re: Unable to access table named "user"

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Joe Kramer <cckramer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have table named user (lower case) in public schema.
> I can access it using Pgadmin as
> SELECT * from "user"; SELECT * from "public.user"; SELECT * FROM public.user;

Try "public"."user"

Re: Unable to access table named "user"

От
Joe Kramer
Дата:
Don't help either.

Jdbc statement:
SELECT * from "public"."user" ;

Exception:

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:26 AM, Joe Kramer <cckramer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have table named user (lower case) in public schema.
>> I can access it using Pgadmin as
>> SELECT * from "user"; SELECT * from "public.user"; SELECT * FROM public.user;
>
> Try "public"."user"

Re: Unable to access table named "user"

От
Sam Mason
Дата:
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 06:57:07PM +1000, Joe Kramer wrote:
> Don't help either.
>
> Jdbc statement:
> SELECT * from "public"."user" ;
>
> Exception:
> ERROR: relation "public.user" does not exist

Are you sure the table exists or you're connecting to the correct
database then?  If you connect with psql and do "\dt" does it show up?

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/

Re: Unable to access table named "user"

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Tuesday 12 May 2009 3:16:34 am Sam Mason wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 06:57:07PM +1000, Joe Kramer wrote:
> > Don't help either.
> >
> > Jdbc statement:
> > SELECT * from "public"."user" ;
> >
> > Exception:
> > ERROR: relation "public.user" does not exist
>
> Are you sure the table exists or you're connecting to the correct
> database then?  If you connect with psql and do "\dt" does it show up?
>
> --
>   Sam  http://samason.me.uk/

I would have to second Sam on this. If you find you are connected to the correct
database, does the JDBC driver allow you to select other tables or is the
problem restricted to this table?

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net