Обсуждение: Execute Immediate

Execute Immediate

От
Michael Gould

In many SQL dialets there is the availability of Execute immediate which allows you to build global temp tables or views at run time and even stored procedures at runtime and then execute them inline.  Is there a way to do this in PostGres 8.4

Best Regards

Michael Gould, Managing Partner
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC
904.226.0978
904.592.5250 fax

Re: Execute Immediate

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

plpgsql has execute statement, that has similar behave like execute
immediate in others systems.

note - postgresql doesn't support global temp tables yet.

regards
Pavel Stehule

2009/7/12 Michael Gould <mgould@intermodalsoftwaresolutions.net>:
> In many SQL dialets there is the availability of Execute immediate which
> allows you to build global temp tables or views at run time and even stored
> procedures at runtime and then execute them inline.  Is there a way to do
> this in PostGres 8.4
>

> Best Regards
>

> ________________________________
> Michael Gould, Managing Partner
> Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC
> 904.226.0978
> 904.592.5250 fax

Re: Execute Immediate

От
Michael Gould
Дата:
Thanks, that is exactly what I need as a workaround to session variables.
The temp tables will work as we need them as we only have a 5 that are temp
tables and preserve is needed only for the active session, once the session
has ended the temp table should go away.

http://www.postgres.cz/index.php/PostgreSQL_SQL_Tricks#Any_other_session_variables
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/plperl-global.html
>
> regards
> Pavel Stehule
>

>> Besides global or local temp tables, I would like to see a CREATE
Variable