Обсуждение: Drop Cluster

Drop Cluster

От
sweta@opspl.com
Дата:
Hi,

Is there any command to drop a postgres cluster???

I tried the following link
http://www.digipedia.pl/man/pg_dropcluster.8.html

but it says command not found.
Is there any other way??

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sweta.

Re: Drop Cluster

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
sweta@opspl.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any command to drop a postgres cluster???
>
> I tried the following link
> http://www.digipedia.pl/man/pg_dropcluster.8.html
>
> but it says command not found.
> Is there any other way??
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.

I believe that command is specific to the debian/ubuntu distributions.

in generic postgres, you'd simply stop the server, then delete the
contents of the $PGDATA directory

Re: Drop Cluster

От
sweta@opspl.com

> I believe that command is specific to the debian/ubuntu distributions.
>
> in generic postgres, you'd simply stop the server, then delete the
> contents of the $PGDATA directory

I am using CentOS 5  and postgrest 8.1.11 .  Could not find the PGDATA
directory. :(

Will deleting the contents from the directory remove "Cluster already exists"
error???

Thanks and Regards,
Sweta.

Re: Drop Cluster

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
sweta@opspl.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I believe that command is specific to the debian/ubuntu distributions.
>>
>> in generic postgres, you'd simply stop the server, then delete the
>> contents of the $PGDATA directory
>
> I am using CentOS 5  and postgrest 8.1.11 .  Could not find the PGDATA
> directory. :(

On my CentOS 5 systems using the PGDG, and the stock CentOS I found it
(but already knew where) based on the following.

[root@db3 ~]# su - postgres
-bash-3.2$ echo $PGDATA
/var/lib/pgsql/data
-bash-3.2$

> Will deleting the contents from the directory remove "Cluster already exists"
> error???

You will probably have to re-init_db to have a working PostgreSQL
database system.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Sweta.

\\||/
Rod
--

Re: Drop Cluster

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
sweta@opspl.com wrote:
>> I believe that command is specific to the debian/ubuntu distributions.
>>
>> in generic postgres, you'd simply stop the server, then delete the
>> contents of the $PGDATA directory
>>

> I cleared the PGDATA directory like this -->
>
> PGDATA=""
> export PGDATA

that just sets the environment variable to an empty string.

you need to stop your postgres server if its already running, then

    rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql/data/*

then you can do a new initdb.... assuming thats what you're trying to
do.  I have no idea what replconfig.cnf is.