Обсуждение: Where can I find detail information about constraint ?

Where can I find detail information about constraint ?

От
纪晓曦
Дата:
I want detail usage introduction about constraint,such as how to constrain a string to be exactly 4 character and start with 'z'.
Where can I find the reference of CHECK? detail usage.

Re: Where can I find detail information about constraint ?

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 23/09/2009 11:23, 纪晓曦 wrote:
> I want detail usage introduction about constraint,such as how to
> constrain a string to be exactly 4 character and start with 'z'.
> Where can I find the reference of CHECK? detail usage.

Try the documentation, presumably under CREATE TABLE:

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: Where can I find detail information about constraint ?

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Дата:
??? wrote:
> I want detail usage introduction about constraint,such as how
> to constrain a string to be exactly 4 character and start with 'z'.
> Where can I find the reference of CHECK? detail usage.

Documentation:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-constraints.html#AEN2254

The check you want would look similar to this:
CHECK (length(val) = 4 AND substr(val, 1, 1) = 'z')

Yours,
Laurenz Albe