Обсуждение: could not reattach to shared memory

could not reattach to shared memory

От
Andy Colson
Дата:
Hi all,

A user on the mapserver news group is getting this error.  I have not
run on windows so dont know what it means.  Any hints would be appreciated.

FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Key=224, addr=025F0000): 487

The OS is windows vista
PostGIS version - 1.3.6
Postgresql - 8.3

Postgresql.conf settings:

listen_addresses = '*'          # what IP address(es) to listen on;
port = 5432                             # (change requires restart)
max_connections = 100                   # (change requires restart)

# - Memory -

shared_buffers = 32MB                   # min 128kB or max_connections*16kB
                                         # (change requires restart)

max_fsm_pages = 204800                  # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6
bytes each
                                         # (change requires restart)

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on

log_line_prefix = '%%t '                        # special values:

datestyle = 'iso, mdy'
lc_messages = 'English, United States'
                                         # strings
lc_monetary = 'English, United States'
lc_numeric = 'English, United States'
lc_time = 'English, United States'

# default configuration for text search
default_text_search_config = 'pg_catalog.simple'

Re: could not reattach to shared memory

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A user on the mapserver news group is getting this error.  I have not run on
> windows so dont know what it means.  Any hints would be appreciated.

I believe the latest releases of postgresql have fixed this bug.  Here
is a write up about it:
http://blog.hagander.net/archives/149-Help-us-test-a-patch-for-the-Win32-shared-memory-issue.html

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: could not reattach to shared memory

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 09:41 -0500, Andy Colson wrote:
> FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Key=224, addr=025F0000):
> 487
>
> The OS is windows vista
> PostGIS version - 1.3.6
> Postgresql - 8.3

IIRC, this was fixed in 8.3.8. An update should be the first step.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Re: could not reattach to shared memory

От
"Sabin Coanda"
Дата:
Sorry, for the unfinished text,

So, I run a long transaction with a lot of data, and after a while I got the
messages:

NOTICE: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
HINT: You have at least 1000 relations. Consider increasing the
configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".
LOG: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
HINT: You have at least 1000 relations. Consider increasing the
configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".
STATEMENT: VACUUM
FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (key=324, addr=021A0000): 487

And the process stops.

Why ? What to do ?

TIA,
Sabin

Re: could not reattach to shared memory

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Sabin Coanda <s.coanda@deuromedia.ro> wrote:
> Sorry, for the unfinished text,
>
> So, I run a long transaction with a lot of data, and after a while I got the
> messages:
>
> NOTICE: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
> HINT: You have at least 1000 relations. Consider increasing the
> configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".
> LOG: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
> HINT: You have at least 1000 relations. Consider increasing the
> configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".
> STATEMENT: VACUUM
> FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (key=324, addr=021A0000): 487
>
> And the process stops.
>
> Why ? What to do ?

need:
postgres version
o/s and o/s version
relevant memory settings in postgres, especially shared buffers
value of SHMMAX etc

merlin

Re: could not reattach to shared memory

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Sabin Coanda <s.coanda@deuromedia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The requested info:
>        - "PostgreSQL 8.3.5, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400"
>        - Windows 7 Enterprise v6.1 build 7601:sp1
>        - postgres.conf is attached
>
> Thanks,
> Sabin

Upgrade your database.  See:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release-8-3-8.html

"Fix Windows shared-memory allocation code (Tsutomu Yamada, Magnus)

This bug led to the often-reported "could not reattach to shared
memory" error message."

merlin