Обсуждение: What is statement ID of table?

What is statement ID of table?

От
Jignesh Shah
Дата:
Hi,

Could any one please tell me what is statement ID of table? How to get it and in which scenarios it can be helpful? Any documentation or example about statement ID would also really helpful for me.
Thanks,
Jignesh

Re: What is statement ID of table?

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
> Hi,
>
> Could any one please tell me what is statement ID of table?

There isn't such ID, but every table has an OID, an Object Identifier.

> How to get it and

The (hidden) column "oid" of pg_class contains this OID.

> in which scenarios it can be helpful? Any documentation or example about

I think, you don't need this, it is only for internal.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/datatype-oid.html

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: What is statement ID of table?

От
Jignesh Shah
Дата:
Thanks Andreas. Sorry for confusion here. I mean statement ID that can be associated with prepared query(not table) to improve performance of building query. I just need to find plan using statement ID and execute it. I don't know how to do this.

Thanks,
Jignesh

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM, A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could any one please tell me what is statement ID of table?

There isn't such ID, but every table has an OID, an Object Identifier.

> How to get it and

The (hidden) column "oid" of pg_class contains this OID.

> in which scenarios it can be helpful? Any documentation or example about

I think, you don't need this, it is only for internal.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/datatype-oid.html

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47150,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)

Re: What is statement ID of table?

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
> Thanks Andreas. Sorry for confusion here. I mean statement ID that can be
> associated with prepared query(not table) to improve performance of building
> query. I just need to find plan using statement ID and execute it. I don't know
> how to do this.

Please, answer to the list and not to me, and please try to avoid html and
top-posting.

I don't know if i understand you correctly. There isn't such an ID, but
you can look at pg_prepared_statements, this view contains name,
statement and other informations about all (currently) prepared
statements.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: What is statement ID of table?

От
paragasu
Дата:
you can create a primary key to associate with each row in the table