Обсуждение: SFPUG: Video from "Statistics and Postgres -- How the Planner Sees Your Data" Now on Vimeo

SFPUG: Video from "Statistics and Postgres -- How the Planner Sees Your Data" Now on Vimeo

От
Christophe Pettus
Дата:
Hi,

The video from "Statistics and Postgres — How the Planner Sees Your
Data," the September 8, 2009 meeting of the SFPUG, is now available on
Vimeo:

    http://vimeo.com/7051082

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

Re: SFPUG: Video from "Statistics and Postgres -- How the Planner Sees Your Data" Now on Vimeo

От
Alban Hertroys
Дата:
On 15 Oct 2009, at 24:53, Christophe Pettus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The video from "Statistics and Postgres — How the Planner Sees Your
> Data," the September 8, 2009 meeting of the SFPUG, is now available
> on Vimeo:
>
>     http://vimeo.com/7051082

I watched this with interest. There is reference to slides with some
frequency though, are they available somewhere?

Thanks for putting this up.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4ad7106611681113316355!

Re: SFPUG: Video from "Statistics and Postgres -- How the Planner Sees Your Data" Now on Vimeo

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
2009/10/15 Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>:
> On 15 Oct 2009, at 24:53, Christophe Pettus wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The video from "Statistics and Postgres — How the Planner Sees Your Data,"
>> the September 8, 2009 meeting of the SFPUG, is now available on Vimeo:
>>
>>        http://vimeo.com/7051082
>
> I watched this with interest. There is reference to slides with some
> frequency though, are they available somewhere?

sql.org)
> To make changes to your subscription:

I found it interesting too, although the interruptions were quite offputting.

Thom

Re: SFPUG: Video from "Statistics and Postgres -- How the Planner Sees Your Data" Now on Vimeo

От
Nathan Boley

> There is reference to slides with some
> frequency though, are they available somewhere?

Ya.

http://encodestatistics.org/publications/statistics_and_postgres.pdf

Is there a better place for this?

-Nathan

Re: SFPUG: Video from "Statistics and Postgres -- How the Planner Sees Your Data" Now on Vimeo

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Nathan Boley escribió:

> > There is reference to slides with some
> > frequency though, are they available somewhere?
> >

> Ya.
>
> http://encodestatistics.org/publications/statistics_and_postgres.pdf
>
> Is there a better place for this?

I don't know how they do it but the pgcon 2009 page has links to videos
of the presentations that have the slides changing in coordination.
It's pretty good.

Re: SFPUG: Video from "Statistics and Postgres -- How the Planner Sees Your Data" Now on Vimeo

Дата:
> Nathan Boley escribi�:
>> http://encodestatistics.org/publications/statistics_and_postgres.pdf
>> Is there a better place for this?

> I don't know how they do it but the pgcon 2009 page has links to videos
> of the presentations that have the slides changing in coordination.
> It's pretty good.

Well, if you saw the video, the whole problem was that Nathan was
contending with lack of a projector, so there weren't any displayed
slides to see in the video :-(.  It would have been a lot easier to
follow with slides, for sure.

            regards, tom lane

Re: SFPUG: Video from "Statistics and Postgres -- How the Planner Sees Your Data" Now on Vimeo

От
Christophe Pettus
Дата:
On Oct 15, 2009, at 8:20 AM, Nathan Boley wrote:
> http://encodestatistics.org/publications/statistics_and_postgres.pdf
>
> Is there a better place for this?

For now, I'll add it to the Vimeo page.

--