Обсуждение: pg 8.4 (Auto)-vacuumlo

pg 8.4 (Auto)-vacuumlo

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
I wanted to verify that the auto-vacuum mechanism of postgres doesn't
apply to lo objects.  Does vocuumlo still need to be called manually?

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: pg 8.4 (Auto)-vacuumlo

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Richard Broersma escribió:
> I wanted to verify that the auto-vacuum mechanism of postgres doesn't
> apply to lo objects.

It doesn't.

> Does vocuumlo still need to be called manually?

Not sure about this.  I thought that one was about deleting LOs that
were not referenced in any user table.

Re: pg 8.4 (Auto)-vacuumlo

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>> Does vocuumlo still need to be called manually?
>
> Not sure about this.  I thought that one was about deleting LOs that
> were not referenced in any user table.

Thanks this is correct vacuumlo deletes orphaned LOs.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: pg 8.4 (Auto)-vacuumlo

Дата:
Richard Broersma <richard.broersma@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks this is correct vacuumlo deletes orphaned LOs.

Right.  That functionality is not part of autovacuum --- if you need it
you'll still need to run the contrib script occasionally.

            regards, tom lane