Обсуждение: ora2pg and DBD::Pg

ora2pg and DBD::Pg

От
Alexandra Roy
Дата:
Hi all,

I see in the ora2pg documentation on
http://www.darold.net/projects/ora2pg/ that DBD::Pg is optional and
needed only for 'on the fly' migration.
I need to clarify this...

Does someone can explain me that is under 'on the fly' please ?

Concerning the documentation of ora2pg, is it the good link ?

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,
Alexandra

--
Alexandra ROY
Database Competence Center

Bull, Architect of an Open World TM
Phone: 04 76 29 77 01
http://www.bull.com

This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others
or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
copies.

Re: ora2pg and DBD::Pg

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 17:57 +0100, Alexandra Roy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see in the ora2pg documentation on
> http://www.darold.net/projects/ora2pg/ that DBD::Pg is optional and
> needed only for 'on the fly' migration.
> I need to clarify this...
>
> Does someone can explain me that is under 'on the fly' please ?

Never used it but my guess would be... converting straight from Oracle
to PG as they are both running.

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander

Re: ora2pg and DBD::Pg

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Alexandra Roy (Alexandra.Roy@bull.net) wrote:
> Does someone can explain me that is under 'on the fly' please ?
>
> Concerning the documentation of ora2pg, is it the good link ?

It worked well for me, using it mainly to copy table structures and
data.  I was doing a one-time move to PG though, not trying to keep
Oracle and PG in sync.  I don't recall it being of much help with moving
functions and the like, but that's a much more complicated problem.

    Stephen

Вложения

Re: ora2pg and DBD::Pg

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander

Re: ora2pg and DBD::Pg

От
Alexandra Roy
Дата:
Hi all,

And what about "on the fly" please ?
As I encounter compilation problem on AIX 5.3, I am wondering if DBD::Pg
is necessary to use ora2pg...

Thank you for your help,
Regards,
Alexandra

Stephen Frost a écrit :
> * Alexandra Roy (Alexandra.Roy@bull.net) wrote:
>
>> Does someone can explain me that is under 'on the fly' please ?
>>
>> Concerning the documentation of ora2pg, is it the good link ?
>>

> It worked well for me, using it mainly to copy table structures and
> data.  I was doing a one-time move to PG though, not trying to keep
> Oracle and PG in sync.  I don't recall it being of much help with moving
> functions and the like, but that's a much more complicated problem.
>
>     Stephen

Re: ora2pg and DBD::Pg

От
Andrej
Дата:
2009/11/23 Alexandra Roy <Alexandra.Roy@bull.net>:
> Hi all,
Hi Alexandra,

> And what about "on the fly" please ?
> As I encounter compilation problem on AIX 5.3, I am wondering if DBD::Pg is
> necessary to use ora2pg...
Josh pointed that out to you 4 days ago.  It means "w/o having to save
intermediate
files".

> Thank you for your help,
> Regards,