Обсуждение: I need help creating a composite type with some sort of constraints.

I need help creating a composite type with some sort of constraints.

От
John Oyler
Дата:
I can create one or more domains, and use those to create the
composite type from. But each domain can only be constrained in its
own value, I can't constrain element #1's value based on what element
#2's value is.

If I create a domain from a composite, it will complain with a "ERROR:
cdt.instant_message is not a valid base type for a domain" error.

I can't create a trigger for a composite either (technically it's not
a table, but I was hoping it might be treated as one internally).

Is there any way to do this? Are there any plans to change or expand
this functionality in the future?

Thanks,
John O.

Re: I need help creating a composite type with some sort of constraints.

От
Scott Bailey
Дата:
John Oyler wrote:
> I can create one or more domains, and use those to create the
> composite type from. But each domain can only be constrained in its
> own value, I can't constrain element #1's value based on what element
> #2's value is.
>
> If I create a domain from a composite, it will complain with a "ERROR:
> cdt.instant_message is not a valid base type for a domain" error.
>
> I can't create a trigger for a composite either (technically it's not
> a table, but I was hoping it might be treated as one internally).
>
> Is there any way to do this? Are there any plans to change or expand
> this functionality in the future?
>
> Thanks,
> John O.

For now you have to put all checks in custom constructor functions.

Scott