Обсуждение: setting the block size to a value greater than 32KB

setting the block size to a value greater than 32KB

От
umut orhan
Дата:
Hi,

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong list and the question has already been posted. I'm a newbee in Postgres.

I would like to set the block size used in buffer cache to a specific value which is greater than 32KB (let's say --with-block-size=256). Is there are way to do that? Current version (8.4.1) does not allow me to have such a block size. The maximum value has to be 32KB. Maybe there is a workaround for this...

Thanks a lot,
Regards,
Umut

Re: setting the block size to a value greater than 32KB

Дата:
umut orhan <umut_angelfire@yahoo.com> writes:
> I would like to set the block size used in buffer cache to a specific
> value which is greater than 32KB (let's say --with-block-size=256). Is
> there are way to do that?

No, not without major surgery on the representation of item pointers.
What makes you think there would be any benefit to such large block
sizes?

            regards, tom lane