Обсуждение: Equivalent of mysql type mediablob in postgres?

Equivalent of mysql type mediablob in postgres?

От
Chris Barnes

I would like to move a table that is used to store images from mysql to postgres. The only stumbling I may encounter, may be switching from mysql blob to something in postgres.

We store chart images in a mysql medium blob type.

How can I store these in postgres?

Chris

| IMAGE         | mediumblob          | NO   |     |                   |                |

Spread the cheer with Messenger for mobile. Learn more.

Re: Equivalent of mysql type mediablob in postgres?

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Chris Barnes wrote on 18.01.2010 21:05:

> I would like to move a table that is used to store images from mysql to
> postgres. The only stumbling I may encounter, may be switching from
> mysql blob to something in postgres.
>
> We store chart images in a mysql medium blob type.
>
> How can I store these in postgres?

bytea is the datatype you are looking for

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-binary.html

Thomas