Обсуждение: postgres password change

postgres password change

От
akp geek
Дата:
Dear all -

                     I forgot the password for the postgres user for the database. Is there way I can reset the password to whatever I want. When I do the psql -U postgres , it's prompting me the password. Can you please help?

Regards

Re: postgres password change

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:15:55AM -0500, akp geek wrote:
> Dear all -
>
>                      I forgot the password for the postgres user for the
> database. Is there way I can reset the password to whatever I want. When I
> do the psql -U postgres , it's prompting me the password. Can you please
> help?

http://www.depesz.com/index.php/2008/11/28/recovering-lost-postgresql-password/

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

Re: postgres password change

От
paragasu
Дата:
if you know the root password

#su root
#su postgres
#psql
#alter role <username> with password <password>

it think that should do

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 11:15 PM, akp geek <akpgeek@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all -

                     I forgot the password for the postgres user for the database. Is there way I can reset the password to whatever I want. When I do the psql -U postgres , it's prompting me the password. Can you please help?

Regards

Re: postgres password change

От
akp geek
Дата:
Thank you. It worked

Regards

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:15:55AM -0500, akp geek wrote:
> Dear all -
>
>                      I forgot the password for the postgres user for the
> database. Is there way I can reset the password to whatever I want. When I
> do the psql -U postgres , it's prompting me the password. Can you please
> help?

http://www.depesz.com/index.php/2008/11/28/recovering-lost-postgresql-password/

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk
: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

Re: postgres password change

От
akp geek
Дата:
I don't have the root privileges. But I have followed the  instructions

Thanks for the suggestion

Regards