Обсуждение: crosstab functionality for postgres 8.1.4

crosstab functionality for postgres 8.1.4

От
Amol Chiplunkar
Дата:
Hi,

My postgres 8.1.4 installation does not have the crosstab
functions. Most likely due to unavailability of contrib/tablefunc
module.

Is there a std version of tablefunc .so that can be downloaded and used ?

thanks
- Amol

Re: crosstab functionality for postgres 8.1.4

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Amol Chiplunkar
<Amol.Chiplunkar@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My postgres 8.1.4 installation does not have the crosstab
> functions. Most likely due to unavailability of contrib/tablefunc
> module.

does too!
http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/tablefunc/?only_with_tag=REL8_1_4

(upgrade to 8.1.19 ASAP!)

merlin

Re: crosstab functionality for postgres 8.1.4

Дата:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Amol Chiplunkar
> <Amol.Chiplunkar@sun.com> wrote:
>> My postgres 8.1.4 installation does not have the crosstab
>> functions. Most likely due to unavailability of contrib/tablefunc
>> module.

> does too!

I think the problem is the OP didn't install postgresql-contrib package,
or possibly didn't run the tablefunc.sql script to make the functions
available in his database.

            regards, tom lane